Green Country Dairg Goat Club and Show
Senior Doe and Junior Doe Shows
Friday May 25, 2018 double ring sanctioned youth show
Saturday, May 26, 2018 double ring sanctioned open show
Adair County Fairgrounds Stilwell, OK 74960
Judges: 1- Grace Toy Judge 2- Justin Bassett
Breeds Sanctioned: Alpine, Lamancha, Nigerian Dwarf, Nubian, Recorded Grade, Saanen (AOP youth only), AOP (Sables/Oberhasli/Toggenburg)
1. The shows are sanctioned by ADGA and their show rules shall govern. The shows are separately sanctioned for Senior Does and Junior Does.
2. The shows will begin at 9:ooam on Friday and 9:00am on Saturday. Friday youth show will begin with showmanship (4 age brackets) followed by Senior Does then junior does. Ring 2 will begin at 12:00pm or 15 mintues after the conclusion of ring 1 with Senior does followed by junior does. A judging competition will follow the best in show selection. Saturday Ring 1 will begin at 9:00am with Senior Alpine does. Ring 2 will begin at 9:30am or after conclusion of the Alpine show in Ring 1. Breeds will show alphabetically as listed above.
3. To keep the show progressing in a timely manner, the order of the show is subject to change. Exhibitors with more than one breed need to be prepared to have additional handlers or to rely on the Show Committee to provide handlers so that classes are not delayed.
4. Base date for figuring age of animals is May 25, 2018.
5. The original registration/recordation certificate is required for all animals six months or age or older. A stamped duplicate application (stamped within 30 days of 05/26/18) from the ADGA office will be accepted for animals younger than six months of age. Be aware of the limitations per ADGA show rules.
6. There is no pre-show milk out. However, an over-distended udder is a very serious fault. Animals should be shown with the appropriate amount of milk in their udders.
7. Exhibitors are asked to dress appropriately as outlined in the ADGA Guidebook.
8. Health papers are not required at our facility but may be required to cross state lines. Animals showing signs of illness or disease must be removed from the fairgrounds. The Show Committee's decisions will be final.
9. Check-in will begin Thursday evening from 6pm-9pm. Earlier arrival is available. Friday morning check in will be from 6:00am to 8am and Friday evening from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. All animals should be checked in by 8am on Friday and by 8am on Saturday. Plan to arrive early to allow ample check in time out of respect for other exhibitors. Judging will begin at 9am promptly both days.
10. Entry fees - $7 per ring per animal for entries 24 hours prior to arrival. Youth entering a single goat in all 4 rings will pay a discounted fee of $20 per goat for 4 rings. Entries DAY OF SHOW will be $10.00 per ring. Enter early and take advantage of the discount. Substitutions will be allowed at no charge, provided they are made before check in has ended and will not be allowed once check-in is completed.
11. E-mail entries to email@example.com or mail pre-entries to Green Country Dairy Goat Club,Rt 6 Box 282 Stilwell, OK 74960. Make checks payable to Green Country Dairy Goat Club or make electronic payment via Paypal (gift) to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Pens: Fee $5 – Pen fees will be used to pay local youth for cleaning the barns and facility after the event. Tack stalls allowed only if they are not needed for animals and will be charged at the same rate. Payment for pens will be made after you have settled your goats and determined how many pens you need.
13. Barns will open for arrival at 3pm Thursday, May 24, 2018.
14. Shavings and straw will be available for purchase on site in limited quantities. Pre purchased shavings and straw will be available at local prices and delivered to the fairgrounds for those that pre pay.